Saturday, September 29, 2012

12x12 Scrapbooking Layouts

My scrapbooking has been taking a backseat to cardmaking. I am over a year and two weddings behind!  Nonetheless, here are a few of my favorite layouts. 

These photos were taking in Orlando, Florida at the Icebar. I like how the wording turned out, I tried to make it look like ice blocks. The paper is a water design, but I think it looks enough like ice. And a few glitter snowflake stickers top it off. 



These photos were from my friend's baby shower. I chose the green theme because I had the button brads that I wanted to use up. I chose three complementary green patterns, one with glitter to dress it up a bit, and randomly cut out and placed blocks around the page. I accented with some baby stickers as well as the invitation and the pacifier tag from the treat bag. 


This layout was made with photos of my family seeing my brother off on his first tour in Afghanistan. I found the clear wording sticker in my sticker collection and used it for a heading. I incorporated the Soldier stamp in brown ink and attached to green and white core paper with the edges filed off, to emphasize the frame. I created a replica of his dog tag using Sculpy III silver clay (http://www.sculpey.com/products/clays/sculpey-iii) and a ball chain from an old necklace. The photos are mounted on green paper and accented with punched out starts. I created a desert camo 'patch' using Lifestyle Crafts Military Set dies (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Quickutz-Lifestyle-Crafts-Rare-2x2-Military-Die-Set-/230856150326?pt=US_Die_Cutting_Machines_Dies&hash=item35c0194d36). 


This layout is my and my husband's engagement photos. I had these little rhinestone letters I wanted to get rid of, so I spelled out engagement on punched out squares of black and white lined paper. I spelled out photos with a different font on the other page to add contrast. I used the same black and white striped paper to frame the photos and a white iridescent ribbon. The ribbon is accented with three dimensional stickers. 



This page can be found in my Scrapbooking a Hawaiian Honeymoon blog (http://bmc2bmc2.blogspot.com/2013/01/scrapbooking-hawaiian-honeymoon.html). It's a two page layout of our trek up and down a volcano. I used a bright blue background with offset blue alphabet stickers for the title. I used a bright colored stripe accent paper with green tabs on two of the photos to add some information. I also accented with die cut bicycles and tropical themed stickers. 



This is one of my favorite layouts from my 2012 album (http://bmc2bmc2.blogspot.com/2013/10/scrapbooking-2012.html). I created a 'collar' title using ribbon and small circle cut outs. I stamped 'FRANCIS' on them to spell out his name. I added a 5x7 to a greenish brown polka dot page and accented that with dog stickers and a paw print plaque I created from texture paste. I cut out a bone shape to create a journaling space. 

No comments:

Post a Comment